Running away from the mercenaries,
Dodging away from the fire of artillery,
I ran a thousand miles,
How quick the time flies!.

After running for a bit further,
I approached the other countries border,
I looked around,
I didn’t hear a sound.

All of a sudden I got hit by a hummer,
I didn’t notice the sentry at the frontier,
There was blood all around,
My pain was the only sound.

Pain seared up to my brain,
I broke up and fell under the strain.

Days later I woke up darkness,
Stench imposed a olfactory blackness,
Screams of the guards were the only signs of life,
It was like being there in hell, Alive.

Prisoners were brought out and shot in the head,
Simultaneously till they were dead,
Their pain and misery in the last moments,
Ghosted my bedeviled head.

Days later my turn came,
To get sacrificed,
My head got hotter than a flame,
I got rooted on the spot and got traumatized.

There I stand eyes blind folded,
To get shot by the firing squad,
I stood there deep rooted waiting for the moment,
Fire!, was the order that came by the head of infantry.

Bullets sieved my body,
As if I were a paper piece,
Instantly I made peace with God Almighty!,
Seconds later I fell down, becoming a piece of earth.

There are blunders war can do,
Killing people like me,
In return for my sacrifice,
My family commits suicide.

God, if you are listening to me,
Save everyone else from the tragedy,
A man killed for a man,
Only leaves the world empty!.
[Dedicated to all those prisoners of war who lost their lives for the sake of their country]

3 comments:

What a pic and what a thought. Well depicted. Its running all the time.

Oh! Thank you!
And thanks man!
You are the first one to comment on this blog!

this was a beautiful poem pawan! it was heart touching that pierced my soul!

u write extremely well!

keep blogging!

Followers

About this blog

The dual perspective.

Life through the eyes of two different humans.

Welcome, to the world of dreamy poetry, swash buckling prose and uncensored thoughts!

Experience the power of two, through the packed in one!.